Featured post

Devon Apple Cake - Award Winning Recipe

This is a regular autumnal warmer in our house that is dead simple to make and uses up at least one or two of your surplus cooking apples at...

Monday, 12 September 2011

Retro Trailers from Cornwall - Stylish Alternative to Caravans

About a month ago we were at Ruan Minor Vintage Rally and spotted two of these silver teardrop shaped handmade trailers on display:


I chatted to the maker, an innovative and personable chap, based in West Cornwall.  He custom makes each trailer to customers’ specifications.  They are roughly £4000 for the smaller one and £6000 for the larger one.  If it wasn’t for my two kids, lack of funds and no driveway to store the thing, I would definitely be a punter.



There was something incredibly appealing about these mini caravans.  The whole of the inside of the main compartment is taken up by a snug double bed with storage space and somewhere for a stereo, but no standing room.  Romping room only.



The back opened outwards in the style of an Italian street coffee cart, and inside was a diminutive kitchen, done up in a lovely black and white checks with red accessories; space for a cool box and a gas burner.  As the lady from Retro Trailers told me, it’s really a fair weather kitchen, but if the sun was shining, what fun.







They look so dinky when being towed (what?! could I consider a towbar? Yes, if I had an E Type, I damn well could.)

http://retrotrailers.info/




4 comments:

Pistachio and Rose said...

Oh my God I want one, that is so lovely and if I had a spare £6,000 I would get one!

Helen @ Fuss Free Flavours said...

I think I need one. Although I have neither the money, space to park it or car to tow it!

Alissa @ Not Just Apples said...

those are so cool! though i still would love a vw campervan, one of these seems like an awesome idea :)

Anonymous said...

Omg. My spouse and I love the trailer tent. It gives me and the
girlfriend a lot of versatility, we will simply pack up our
family car and go away for the weekend. Love it.
Also visit my homepage : best one to go for