Wednesday 26 May 2010

Contemporary Craft Fair, Bovey Tracey 11-13 June

Just want to advertise the fact that the Contemporary Craft Fair is coming soon to Bovey Tracey, Devon.  Having visited it for the last two years and made several purchases, I can vouch that it is amazing collection of really innovative, interesting and high quality artefacts with artists and crafts people all present to chat to.



The workshops are good value and useful - I did the 'Making Jewellery' one and the local, homemade food is pretty good too.  Slices of cake were far too small though! There are also craft demos, live music and Punch and Judy.

This year, I would like one of these (silver and wood jewellery by Christine Kaltoft) please:
and I'll also have one of these:


This artist's work (Jennifer Collier), was one of my favourites last year, everything painstakingly crafted from paper:


This year I'm volunteering at the Kids' Craft Tent which I'm really looking forward to.

Entry is £6 adults and free for children.  Oh, and you can park on site for free.  I'm going to have a couple of free tickets due to my helping in the craft tent, so if you're local to me, get in touch and I'll give them to you!  Put it in your diary.

The Craft Fair has a target of reaching 800 Facebook fans and only has two weeks left, please join here if you can, then you get all the updates and loads of great photos of their artists' works:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bovey-Tracey-United-Kingdom/The-Contemporary-Craft-Fair/10942196351?ajaxpipe=1&__a=13

7 comments:

The Contemporary Craft Fair said...

Thanks for giving us a mention! The cakes will be bigger this year I promise!! Sarah, The Contemporary Craft Fair

Anonymous said...

Great news - I'll be there

Bethany said...

Hello Kate!
My name is Bethany and I write the food blog www.dirtykitchensecrets.com. I just came across your blog via UKFBA.

You may or may not have heard, but there is a Food Blogger Conference being held in London on June 4th, 5th & 6th 2010. We would love to meet you and for you to join if at all feasible. It's open to UK and non UK food bloggers as well. It will be the perfect opportunity to network, learn and expand on relevant topics, eat delicious food and have a good laugh. We have some award-winning guest speakers and some lovely goodies as well. The event is open to all levels of bloggers and is a great opportunity for new bloggers to learn and help them build successful blogs.

For more information you can visit http://www.foodbloggerconnect.com/

I really hope you can make it and look forward to meeting you.

Let me know if you have any questions.

All the best!

Beth
www.dirtykitchensecrets.com
www.foodbloggerconnect.com

Grazing Kate said...

Hi Bethany - I love your blog and will certainly revisit it often - lots of yummy inspiration - thanks for coming and visiting my very newly born project.

Would really love to come along to the conference but I won't be able to make it - what a shame, but I would be very interested in attending a future event. As a new food blogger, I've only just found out about the event and it clashes with something else.

I'm sure pearl barley isn't at all Lebanese, but I cooked a really good Allegra Mcvedy recipe this evening from her Economy Gastronomy book that reminded me a little of Middle Eastern food with a twist? What do you think? The pearl barley was simmered in stock for half an hour and then I added sliced asparagus, soya beans, lemon juice, olive oil, crushed raw garlic and masses of basil, mint and parsley. Served it with a melted goats cheese toasty drizzled with honey. The citrusy salad was divine with the sweet and salty goaty toast.

And it was just normal family dinner in a hurry, so didn't bother taking pics!

Just found the link to the recipe in case you're interested:

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/387117/Barley---bits-salad

Best wishes with the FB conference,

Kate

Choclette said...

Not sure I want to go now I know the slices of cake are rather small!

Grazing Kate said...

I know! These things are important and you just don't want to commit to paying £2.95 for a luscious looking piece of homemade cake...and then they give you a weeny piece!

No, seriously, it really IS worth going. A really great day out and totally inspiring on the craft front. You will not be able to go home empty-handed.

Christine Kaltoft said...

Hi Kate - glad you like my brooch! Love your blog - looks like we have lots in common. Look forward to meeting you at the fair!

Featured post

Taste of the Teign Food and Drink Festival 25 September - 1 October 2017

South Devon’s third year of the most exciting celebrations of local produce is Taste of the Teign Food and Drink Festival.  This f...